Once you've enrolled in a CPA Program subject, your next step is to schedule an exam via My CPA Program.
We recommend you schedule your exam immediately after you enrol in your subject to give you the best chance of securing your preferred exam location, date and time.
If you do not schedule your exam by the advertised closing date, CPA Australia will select an exam venue and time on your behalf using your residential address and you may not be able to change it.
CPA Program exams are held at the end of every semester. View the exam period for the current semester in important dates.
Exams are held in numerous locations during the exam period and the availability of dates and times will vary by location.
If you are enrolled in Singapore tax, your exam is on a fixed date and time, and there is no flexibility. If you’re unable to sit your exam on that day, consider deferring your enrolment to the following semester.
View exam dates
Due to the secure nature of the exam process and the large number of exams that are conducted globally each semester, alternative exam dates are not available. If the available dates are unsuitable, you should consider deferring your exam to next semester.
Exams are offered in multiple locations, which means the majority of candidates will be able to locate an exam venue within a reasonable distance of their residential address.
The availability of exams will vary by location.
View confirmed exam venues (pdf)
If you cannot identify an appropriate exam venue within a reasonable distance of your residential address, it is important to contact us before the closing date for exam scheduling.
You must provide two original forms of valid and current identification documentation (ID) to the exam:
- your primary ID must be government issued and it must contain your photograph and signature
- your secondary ID must contain either your photograph or signature
The name on your ID must exactly match the name on your member profile with CPA Australia. If you need to update your profile you must contact us at least five business days before your scheduled exam appointment.
- Driver’s licence
- Learner’s permit (plastic card only, with photo and signature)
- National/state/country identification card
- Passport cards
- Military ID
- Military ID for spouses and dependents
- Alien registration card (green card, permanent resident visa)
- Government-issued local language ID (plastic card only, with photo and signature)
- Debit (ATM) card
- Credit cards
- Social security card
- Any form of primary ID
How to schedule your exam
Sign into My CPA Program:
- Select schedule and manage your exams – you’ll be directed to the secure website of our exam partner, PearsonVUE
- Select an exam format – we recommend you select computer-based as the majority of our exams are delivered this way. If you choose paper-based and you do not see an available exam, you will need to go back a step and select computer-based.
- Select an exam centre and click next to choose from available dates and times.
- You can add another exam if you’re enrolled in multiple subjects. If you’ve finished then proceed to check out.
- Confirm your details and you’ll receive an email from PearsonVUE with all your exam details. If you do not see it right away, check your spam folder. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 24 hours, contact us.
We recommend you retain your confirmation email for the duration of the semester. The details of your exam can also be accessed on My CPA Program
You may reschedule your exam, subject to availability, via My CPA Program up until the advertised exam scheduling closing date.
Singapore Taxation exam
Candidates enrolled in the Singapore Taxation subject must attend the exam at the Tax Academy of Singapore's exam venue in Singapore. Change of exam location is not available to candidates enrolled in this subject under any circumstances.
If you have any difficulty scheduling your exam, contact us.
Exams with a reasonable adjustment
If you’ve been granted a reasonable adjustment, we will schedule your exam on your behalf and you’ll be advised of your exam date and time.